Rating is one of the important factor for both the site visitor and owner, this way they measured the popularity of posts, pages or comments. WordPress is one of the popular CMS on the web and they have many plugins and widgets for rating purpose. In this post i have compiled a list of 11 best and up-to date WordPress plugins to add rating to your WordPress site.
WP Post Rating
Price – Free
If you are looking to simply allow visitors to rate your posts when placing a comments then WP Post Rating is a plugin which allows users to rate your posts and pages. WP Post Rating shows average rating, stars with each comment, floating links and also has support for Google Rich Snippets.
Stars Rating are displayed as:
- Five stars above comment form fields
- Below the Post title, as an average rating
- For each site visitor comment, above the comment text.
Five Star Rating is a plugin that allows WordPress users to rate post(s) and or pages using a classic five star method. The script has been tested and works with IE, Firefox, Opera and Chrome browsers and was intended to be used to rate a WordPress post(s).
- The plugin requires jQuery. If jQuery is not “detected” when it is loaded, the plugin will load jQuery.
- The cascading stylesheet has been minified and placed in the /assets/CSS/ directory. You can modify the CSS as you see necessary.
- The plugin uses an IP based cookie to disable the form to discourage users from inflating the vote.
- The plugin will need an initial configuration to set cookie expiration and other options available.
GD Star Rating
GD Star Rating plugin allows you to set up rating and review system for posts, pages and comments in your blog. You can set many options for displaying the rating stars, and add widgets into the sidebars for displaying top ratings and other statistics generated by the plugin. Plugin includes advanced settings panels that will allow you to control many aspects of rating. Plugin also supports multi ratings along with thumbs based ratings. Plugin supports use of cache plugins and dynamic loading of data using ajax.
KK Star Ratings
KK Star Ratings allows blog visitors to involve and interact more effectively with your website by rating posts. As the name states, this plugin displays a 5 star ratings in your posts/pages. It has quite cool hover fade effects and animations.
- Select where to show the ratings. It can be on homepage, archives, posts, pages or manually.
- Restrict voting per unique ip
- Choose the placement. Top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right.
- Adjust the initial message (when no ratings have occurred).
- Allow the ratings to be visible on its own line (paragraph)
- Reset the ratings for individual posts or the entire site.
Polldaddy Polls & Ratings
The Polldaddy Polls and Ratings plugin allows you to create and manage polls and ratings from within your WordPress dashboard. You can create polls, choose from 20 different styles for your polls, and view all results for your polls as they come in. The new ratings menu allows you to embed ratings into your posts, pages or comments. The rating editor allows you to fully customize you rating. You can also avail of the the ‘Top Rated’ widget that will allow you to place the widget in your sidebar. This widget will show you the top rated posts, pages and comments today, this week and this month.
Rate My Whatever
Rate My Whatever enables you to add a rating system to your WordPress posts. Simply download, install and add [ratemywe] to your posts. The plugin will remake [ratemywe] to a div with rate buttons and percentage of votes. Your users can only vote 1 time per IP and post.
Rate This Page Plugin
Widget Ratings plugin allows you to create and manage ratings from within your WordPress dashboard. You can embed ratings into your posts, pages or comments. PLUS, you can embed ratings into your Buddy Press activity updates and comments. Widget ratings are fully customizable, cross-browser, support multi-language, CSS3 compliant and hosted by Rating-Widget.com. You can create unlimited ratings and collect unlimited votes. The rating editor allows you to fully customize your ratings and its placement on your blog’s layout. You can also avail of the the ‘Top Rated’ widget that will allow you to place the widget in your sidebar. This widget will show you the top rated posts, pages and comments.
Simple plugin for inserting ratings into WordPress posts and pages. Adds two short tags (or short codes as they’re also called), which allow you to easily insert:
- a movie or book rating (a four star rating looks like this: ★★★★)
- a list of related posts with similar ratings
There are buttons in both the visual and HTML editor to easily insert these tags. There’s also an options page which, among other things, allows you to replace the default star character with any other unicode character, for instance, a ♥.
Adds an AJAX rating system for your WordPress blog’s post/page.
Xavin’s Review Ratings
Adds a short code tag [xrr rating=4/5] that displays a rating in one of several formats. Intended for sites doing reviews. This plugin adds a short code tag that will display a rating in one of several formats.
- Input ratings as a fraction (4/5) or a percentage (80%).
- Use any amount of stars from 2 to 100.
- Set the minimal star fraction allowed, whole, half or quarter.
- Split multiple ratings in one post/page into groups, and have a separate overall rating calculated for each.
- Display the rating as image stars, text stars, a percentage, a fraction, or any combination.
- Multiple star image sets included, others can be easily added.